1. First things first. Get a grip on the approximate number of guests you’ll invite before settling on a venue. This will ensure there’s ample space for your crew. Next, find your venue before your date. This will ensure you aren’t losing your dream venue because their already booked on your date.
2. Do a dress rehearsal. Practice getting dressed in your gown and accessories to make sure it all flows and you aren’t missing that finishing touch. You’ll also want to make sure you and your maid of honor can get you in and out of your dress and that she or your Mother is able to bustle the dress for the big day.
3. Start researching and booking your vendors as soon as possible. It’s amazing how quickly vendors and venues book up. Not to mention, your will have more options to choose from and it will be less stressful knowing your vendors are secured as you get closer to your big day. Feeling overwhelmed we can help!
4. Feed your vendors. Vendors are people too and many of them are working long and hard hours to make your event flawless so why not give them some nourishment. Most venues or caterers will provide a “vendor meal” at a lower rate so make sure to account for all vendors when finalizing your food selections.
5. Stationary is a must. It’s not so important where you get your stationary (although we can help!) whether online or locally but you’ll need to consider; save the dates, bridal shower invitations, thank you stationary, bachelor/bachelorette invites, wedding invitations, new Mr. and Mrs. thank you stationary, etc. That is a lot of paper so make sure to find something that works well with your wedding and always proofread every bit of it!
6. Prioritize! Figure out what is important to you and your fiancé and go from there. Splurge where you choose and be flexible on the rest-it is a process but it will all fall into place.