We discussed 2013 trends on our Facebook page but let’s go into a little more detail.
Pantone’s has declared the color of the year as Emerald.
Emerald is a gorgoeus, bold color and we cannot wait to use it in one of our wedding. However, it is not exactly what we think of for spring and summer weddings. Don’t fear! Pantone has released the spring/summer colors of 2013. You can find the whole list here but some of our personal favorites are; poppy red, nectarine, linen, and lemon zest. We can’t get enough of color! Right now we are loving bold, brighter colors but natural, lush tones are still having a major moment.
As for flowers here’s what is in and what is out. Out: super tall centerpieces of years past. In: peonies and long garlands cascading across the table. We are also seeing a return of bright colors to centerpieces and bouquets. Expect to see more luscious and full arrangements that evoke a feeling of being in an English garden.
Food, the most important part right?! Just kidding we all know the dress is the most important. For the reception we are seeing a return of locally sourced and seasonal dishes. Also, we recommend our brides infuse their menu with their likes and heritages. No longer do brides and grooms request chicken and steak but they want their favorite dishes and dishes that they grew up eating. As for dessert? Well we can thank Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds for this one. Dessert “bars” with meringues, macaroons, mini pies, brownies, whatever your sweet tooth craves!
Let’s talk dresses, we’re keeping with the trends for florals and seeing pops of color and pattern on the runways. It takes a confident bride to pull off an embellished or colored wedding dress. It was also all over celebrities this year which means this trend is here to stay.
Jessica Biel chose not only a light pink dress but one with a very subtle pattern and it worked so well! And of course Reece Witherspoon is pale pink perfection!
Blake Lively choose Marchesa, the dress designer gods to create this beautiful rose-gold number.
We are also seeing a return to vintage. Check out one of our gorgeous bride’s in her vintage inspiration wedding dress. Which style is your favorite?
Receptions. Receptions have really grown over the years from stuffy and full of tradition to fun and laid-back ways to celebrate the couple. Brides no longer want to toss the bouquet or have a garter toss and the couple no longer wants to have a formal receiving line. Instead couples are focusing on great bands, unique fare and spending time with their guests.
This also translates into unique spaces for receptions. We have been so lucky that our brides have really taken to this and are holding their ceremonies and receptions at great venues. For example, The Cotton Room, CAM, The Nasher, The Stockroom and the list goes on!
So that is it for now! Do you have any trends you would like us to highlight? And as always please give us a call or shoot us an email for all your wedding planning needs.
1. Pantone. http://www.pantone.com/pages/index.aspx?pg=21055
2. Krystal Kast Photography. http://www.krystalkastphotography.com/
3.The Knot. http://www.theknot.com
4. Martha Stewart Wedding. http://www.marthastewartweddings.com/320575/real-weddings-blake-and-ryan-charleston-south-carolina/@center/272446/real-weddings#320540
5. Dara Blakeley Photography. http://www.darablakeley.com/
6. Dara Blakeley Photography. http://www.darablakeley.com/
7. Martha Stewart Weddings. http://www.marthastewartweddings.com/320575/real-weddings-blake-and-ryan-charleston-south-carolina/@center/272446/real-weddings#320540
8. People Magazine. http://www.people.com
9. People Magazine. http://www.people.com
10. Martha Stewart Wedding. http://www.marthastewartweddings.com/320575/real-weddings-blake-and-ryan-charleston-south-carolina/@center/272446/real-weddings#320540
11. Dara Blakeley Photography. http://www.darablakeley.com
12. Krystal Kast Photography. http://www.krystalkastphotography.com