Wow! 2011 has flown by and what a great year it has been. The holidays are almost upon us and this is a very popular time to get engaged. As we gear up for a busy 2012 wedding season, I thought I would share some basic wedding planning tips to get you started. The key to wedding planning is to make it fun, don’t get stressed and remember the importance of what you are celebrating – love!!!
1. Start with your budget.
2. Hire a wedding planner at the beginning even if you just book a Day of Coordinator.
3. It is never to early to start planning. Popular venues get booked up to a year in advance.
4. Book a photographer early too, the best ones book up very quickly.
5. Decide DJ or Band.
6. Build your wedding website and then send your Save the Date Cards.
7. Think about style of your wedding – what is the feel you want to create ex… fun, romantic, trendy etc
8. Don’t be afraid of color.
9. Surround yourself with reputable vendors and you won’t be stressed on your wedding day.
10. Remember to have fun with the planning!!!
Please call us to set up an initial consultation sallyoakley.com